The ISPS HANDA World Super 6 Perth tees off this week and Ozsports will keep you up to date with all you need to know from Lake Karrunyup Country Club in Perth.
- Dates: 14th-17th of February 2019.
- Venue: Lake Karrinyup Country Club
- Prize Money: AU $1.6million
Course record: 63, set by James Morrison in the second round of the 2014 Perth International.
The ISPS HANDA World Super 6 Perth is a tri-sanctioned by the ISPS HANDA Tour of Australasia, European Tour and Asian Tour, the ISPS HANDA World Super 6 Perth and combines 54 holes of traditional stroke play across the first three days with an exiting knockout match play format for the fourth and final round.
A regular cut will fall after 36 holes before the field is then further reduced to the top-24 players following 54 holes of regulation play, with any ties for 24th place being decided by a play-off. Those remaining players will then earn their places in the six-hole shootout.
Any matches tied after the six holes will be decided by playing the new Shootout Hole – a purpose-built 90-metre hole constructed at Lake Karrinyup, with a tee placed adjacent to the 18th fairway and utilising the 18th green.
The ISPS HANDA World Super 6 Perth is a golf tournament designed to retain the traditions of the game whilst appealing to a broader audience.
Marquee players in the field:
- Geoff Ogilvy – Major Champion
- Andrew ‘Beef’ Johnston – European Tour winner
- Lucas Herbert – European Tour player and 5th highest ranked Australian in the Official World Golf Rankings
- Thomas Pieters – 2018 World Cup of Golf winner
- David Law – 2019 ISPS HANDA Vic Open winner
- Full field is available at pga.org.au