- Be a part of Australia’s independent South Australian Aussie Rules broadcaster
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
- Contract Vacancy for Approximately 6 Months
About the Centre Bounce
Centre Bounce is South Australia’s independent source of South Australian Aussie Rules conversations, culture, and stories. Also, news, results and interviews. Based in Adelaide South Australia. Centre Bounce is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains. Centre Bounce is a production of Ozsports Online Network.
About Centre Bounce, South Australia
The Centre Bounce local team is about Australian football and conversations. We make distinctive stories and events that connect communities and shape lives. We are about real people, real local leagues and clubs. Our Sport and Live Events team focuses on state and local and regional Aussie Rules and local content for all our platforms, including TV, Radio and online.
About the Role
Are you a motivated and multi-skilled journalist who are or have studied journalism or media communication? Centre Bounce is on the hunt for an accomplished Reporter(s) both Male and Female to join our dedicated local team based in Adelaide and create Aussie Rules news content across all platforms that aligns with Centre Bounce strategy.
Adelaide is a big, vibrant, well-serviced capital city of South Australia, known for its great food and wine, festivals, and top-class arts and sports facilities. It is one of South Australia’s most popular tourism destinations surrounded by a lush irrigation region producing grapes, citrus, vegetables fruit and almonds. It boasts private schools and outlets of most of the major retail chains. The city was laid out by Colonel William Light from England and is one of the State’s few truly planned cities.
Under direction of the Chief of Staff, and in collaboration with your colleagues, you will:
- Create content for multiple platforms to engage local and national audiences.
- Present news bulletins, Q&A’s, interviews and packages across all platforms, including breaking stories.
- Contribute to the weekly Aussie Rules Show “Centre Bounce” and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and develop local content that can be shared with other content teams and across the Aussie Rules Media landscape on multiple platforms.
You will be an enthusiastic and self-starter News Reporter able to work effectively in a small team. You will also bring:
- Proven reporting and journalism skills.
- Sound editorial skills including the ability to source and analyse information and exercise reliable judgement.
- Demonstrated experience in live presentation and broadcast.
- Detailed understanding of the issues that affect and interest the local audience.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application form and submit as part of your application a Cover Letter and Resume.
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For further information please contact Darren James Andrews, Chief of Staff Adelaide & Northern Territory on 0411983050
Applications Close: 30th May 2019
For more information on working at the ABC visit http://www.ozsportsonline.com/volunteer-opportunities
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
The Centre Bounce strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the Centre Bounce seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The Centre Bounce also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.