Adding to the Hoops Capital vision to build a complimentary basketball lifestyle business, the Sydney Kings are excited to unveil their partnership with Select Music Agency – the first of its kind in the Australian sporting landscape.
This landmark partnership will see the reigning NBL Champion provide the platform for 14 of the country’s brightest up-and-coming artists, hand-picked by Selected Music, to perform at Kings’s home matches at Qudos Bank Arena during the NBL23 season – marking the first time an organisations has committed to this type of support for musical artists.
“We’re extremely proud to involve some of Australia’s top up-and-coming artists to our already exciting home game experience Qudos Bank Arena, “Hoops Capital CEO Sean Nicholls said.
“This unique partnership sees two of Australia’s top entertainment providers team up and provide our loyal Kings members and fans with the best night out in Sydney, while also giving these artists a chance to perform live in front of thousands of supporters.”
Select Music Agency CEO Stephen Wade echoed the excitement shared by Nicholls, on this historical entertainment collaboration.
“This is a first in Australia sports and something we are extremely thankful to the Sydney Kings organisation for championing,” said Wade, who Select Music is Australia’s largest independent booking agency based in Sydney and represents the careers of Grammy award winners Rufus Du Sol, Amy Shark, The Veronicas, Baker Boy, The Teskey Brothers, Thelma Plum, L.A.B, Lime Cordiale and many others across Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
“Developing artists currently have far fewer pathways for discovery in current times.
“This opportunity presented by the kings for our artists to be attached to their own home game, promoted in advance throughout the King’s networks, meaning fans will be able to get to connect with the artists beforehand and then have them perform in front of thousands is a huge break for every one of these artists.
“The Sydney Kings are at the forefront of developing and supporting the community when it comes to basketball and is the perfect partner to help Select Music support the next generation of Australian musical exports to the world.”
The first chance for Kings fans to see one of these artists perform will be on Friday, October 7, when the Hoops Capital side hosts Brisbane from 7:30 pm AEDT at Qudos Bank Arena – a night that will also feature the unveiling of the NBL222 Championship banner.
Following that, the artist’s schedule at the Qudos Bank arena is as follows:
- Shannen James – Friday, October 14th from 7:15 pm (versus Cairns).
- Boy Soda – Friday, October 21st from 7:15 pm (versus Adelaide).
• Guest DJ – Saturday, October 29 from 7.45 pm (vs Cairns).
• Kylie Lionheart – Sunday, November 20 from 3.45 pm (vs Illawarra).
• Graace – Sunday, December 4 from 1.45 pm (vs Adelaide).
• Dallas Woods – Sunday, December 11 from 3.45 pm (Indigenous round vs Tasmania).
• Molly Millington – Sunday, December 25 from 7.15 pm (Christmas night vs Melbourne).
• TBA – Friday, December 30 from 7.15pm (vs Tasmania).
• Guest DJ – Wednesday, January 4 from 7.15 pm (vs South East Melbourne).
• Kanada The Loop – Saturday, January 7 from 7.45 pm (vs Perth).
• TBA – Saturday, January 15 from 3.45 pm (vs Illawarra).
• TBA – Saturday, January 22 from 3.45 pm (vs New Zealand).
• TBA – Saturday, January 29 from 3.45 pm (vs South East Melbourne).
Graace will also be the resident DJ for the Sydney Flames’ six WNBL23 matches at the Quaycentre.