Ozsports Radio is looking at launching a daily breakfast sports show. Full of sports news, interviews, and results from around South Australia and across Australia.
Wake up to the daily dose of everything sports.
Looking for 2x people (Males or Females) who don’t mind waking up early and bringing listeners sports news, results and interviews, and a whole lot of fun each morning.
- writing and rehearsing scripts
- meeting with programme directors/producers to discuss programmes/shows
- choosing and playing music
- organising meetings, interviews and schedules
- undertaking relevant background research
- interviewing guests via the telephone or in-person
- presenting traffic, weather and/or news summaries
- giving reviews of sports events, weekly sports competitions & Sports and Ozsports Social Media etc
- providing programme links
- operating technical equipment, such as radio ‘desks’.
Applicants with qualifications in journalism, communication/media studies, music technology, performing arts, English and media performance may be preferred. Specific degree subjects may be required for specialist programmes.
A genuine interest in, sports knowledge of and/or experience of television/radio is essential.
It is important to gain as much paid (or unpaid) work experience as possible – this may be as a broadcast assistant, actor, producer or news-gatherer, or via self-employment as a club/private disc jockey (DJ). Voluntary work for student newspapers/radio stations and local/hospital radio and television stations can also be helpful.
KEY SKILLS FOR BROADCAST PRESENTERS:
Ozsports Radio seeks confident and creative candidates who are adaptable, calm and able to work well under pressure. Good organisation, communication, team-working and problem-solving skills are also necessary.